Thursday, April 4, 2013

What Are All Those Tourists Staring At?

Today I decided to call it The Tree of Life. It's in the center of Monteverde and doesn't look that special but it seems to always draw a crowd. It's at the entrance to El Bosque Hotel and there's a good spot there to park, get out and take a look. BigJohn and I were walking to lunch at Stella's Bakery and stopped to check it out today. And that's when I saw my first raccoon in Monteverde! And then another! And another! Counted 4 but there could have been more. There was also a troop of Howler Monkeys there busy eating leaves. Some Variegated Squirrels were scrambling through the branches. I saw at least a dozen different species of bird. It's awesome. I love that tree. Trees like that make me want to live in the forest forever.






No comments:

Post a Comment